Is Senior Living Right for Me?
You’ve raised a family, and the nest is empty — now is the time to embark on your own adventure. The house that inspired adventures for kids (and pets) might require too much maintenance. Your daily schedule might be clear, but you’re unsure how to fill it. You want to experience something new, but where should you go?
Why consider active senior living residences?
Senior living communities are one of the best ways to enjoy a maintenance-free lifestyle that offers various social activities, experiences, and events. There’s no one way to do it: you can find a unique community that matches your preferences, needs, and values. Healthy adults must be at least 62 years of age to find a new home in an independent living community, but you can decide when it feels right to make a move.
The next phase of your life should be full of the things you love: family, friends, good food, new hobbies, self-care, and continuing the things you enjoy. Your senior community can offer all of these things and redefine what it means to live an active lifestyle — without the hassle of yard work or home maintenance.
Our active senior living residences will provide more than an opportunity for new and unique experiences. This lifestyle is designed to give you peace of mind. As you age, The Lodge will offer additional services, from memory support to skilled nursing, that you can tap into as you need it. Instead of worrying about the future, you can live in the moment and know that you’re living in a community that will evolve as you do.
Is senior living right for me?
If you’ve looked into senior living as a viable option for your future, but you’re unsure about a final decision, here are a couple of things to consider in your conversations:
- Are you happy in your current home? Are constant household chores getting tiring? Is lawn care something you’re ready to leave behind? Are there rooms in your home that are rarely put to use? A simple downsize to a senior living community can be the perfect solution. Not only will The Lodge offer biweekly housekeeping and optional laundry services, but it will include regular maintenance, repairs, and landscaping.
- Do you need a little extra daily help? To maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, you may want additional assistance with everyday activities, like taking medications or preparing nutrient-dense meals. Our team specializes in providing you with the care and resources you need to make the most of each moment.
- Are you bored? Senior communities are designed with social engagement in mind. Most social and entertainment programs are on-site, so you don’t have to worry about driving — or the stress of planning, for that matter. Research shows that the benefits of an active lifestyle include a longer lifespan and better health. Enjoying your life and enriching yourself each day is a decision that improves both your happiness and health.
- Are you ready to rethink your budget? Maintaining a household comes with various unforeseen costs, and that doesn’t include your regular day-to-day expenses. Senior living communities take the guesswork out of budgeting and help you make a plan that fits your exact financial needs.
What does a “carefree lifestyle” really mean?
In an active senior living community like The Lodge, we talk about living a “carefree life.” But what exactly does that mean? For our community, it means removing the tedious chores off your list to leave more time to enjoy life. Covered services and amenities include:
- On-site dining
- Utilities and basic cable TV
- Biweekly housekeeping and optional laundry services
- Scheduled transportation
- Home maintenance, repairs, and landscaping
- Entertainment, events and programs
- A fitness center, pool and clubhouse
- Salon and spa
- Walking trails and dog park
Life doesn’t stop after 62; it’s just getting started! By choosing to be a part of a senior living community, you can cross off the day-to-day chores that get in the way of you doing what you love. And that’s the power of carefree living.
Visit The Lodge to Learn More
One of the best ways to decide if our senior living community is for you is to connect with our team at The Lodge — we’re big believers in addressing your questions one-on-one. You can envision yourself enjoying our fitness center, spa, game room, pool, and clubhouse by visiting our sales office. You can learn about our beautiful modern apartments and Villas and begin planning your redecorating dreams. One of our team members will gladly discuss your situation and answer your questions; all you have to do is reach out.